Manager – Accounting and Advisory Services
LWBJ—one of the Midwest’s leading CPA, business advisory and M & A firms—seeks an experienced professional to join us as a Manager in the accounting and advisory services department of our West Des Moines office. The ideal candidate will have five or more years of progressive experience in accounting and financial management with a drive to provide exceptional client service. The ideal candidate will also be used to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and willing to embrace and learn new technologies.
This position offers market-leading compensation and benefits. It also provides significant opportunities for growth within a highly respected, entrepreneurial firm that emphasizes work-life balance.
This is a supervisory position that is responsible for managing clients we provide outsourced CFO, controller and accounting services to and overseeing all areas relating to them.
In this role, you will:
- Review or prepare financial statements and supporting reconciliations, analyses and work papers;
- Review or prepare management reporting packages, budgets and forecasts;
- Analyze and interpret financial information for client management and provide recommendations;
- Direct initial assessments, implementations and onboarding of new clients;
- Manage, allocate and track work of associates ensuring work is completed in an accurate and timely manner;
- Deliver excellent customer service and develop long-term relationships.
You should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance;
- 5 or more years of progressive experience in accounting or financial management;
- Experience in accounting and financial management in a corporate accounting environment in roles such as accounting supervisor, assistant controller or controller;
- Experience running business operations;
- Strong finance and management accounting knowledge;
- Extensive experience in budgeting and forecasting;
- Experience with various accounting programs (Quickbooks; others)
- Proven leadership, communication, management and coaching skills;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with attention to timing, budgets and outcomes across multiple clients and projects;
- Strong work ethic and respect for diversity, as well as a commitment to continuously acquire new personal and professional skills and knowledge;
- Ability to understand and apply new tools and a desire to identify innovative solutions to use technology to improve efficiency, effectiveness and collaboration.
The LWBJ Employee Experience
Our founders came from national firms but wanted to build more personal and collaborative relationships with clients and staff. And 27 years later, that culture continues to thrive.
While roles, responsibilities and expectations are similar to those in other sophisticated public accounting firms, we encourage everyone to work a schedule that fits their needs—with flexible scheduling options, a casual dress code and summertime hours (including half-day Fridays).
Travel is minimized. Work-life balance is highly valued. Entrepreneurial spirit is nurtured and appreciated.
We focus on helping our people advance and enjoy rewarding careers. Mentorship and continuing education are provided, as well as market-leading compensation and benefits.
You’ll be able to engage with clients directly and work on the kinds of projects typically handled by national firms—but within a smaller firm setting focused on team-building, employee growth and client success. We not only expect you to become more experienced and successful early in your career—we work to help you accomplish it.
By size, LWBJ ranks in the top one percent of CPA firms nationwide, and our team brings a wealth of national-firm expertise to the table. Our entrepreneurial experience enables us to understand and appreciate the issues facing middle-market businesses and the individuals and families who own them. We deliver a broad range of tax, accounting, consulting and investment banking capabilities to serve them.
How to apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com. You may also mail it to LWBJ Financial, Attn: HR, 4200 University Ave., Suite 410, West Des Moines, IA 50266.