LWBJ—one of the Midwest’s leading CPA, business advisory and M&A firms—seeks experienced tax professionals with two to six years’ experience to join our team in Ames or West Des Moines. The desire to research complex issues and work on consulting engagements is important, as is the ability to acclimate quickly to our customer-focused environment.
This position offers market-leading compensation and benefits. It also provides significant opportunities for growth within a highly respected, entrepreneurial firm that emphasizes work-life balance.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare complex business and individual tax returns
- Communicate with partners and clients relating to questions or information needed to complete assigned projects
- Identify tax planning opportunities or current compliance issues; then researching and proposing resolutions
- Be a steward of knowledge to your team
- Pursue additional interests in consulting and business advisory practices
You should possess:
- CPA license or be in the process of attaining CPA license
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships cross-functionally and with clients
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Leadership mentality (ability to drive a project to completion and to interact with all levels, including clients and business owners)
- Initiative and confidence to understand complex issues and propose solutions
- In-depth knowledge of current tax laws and regulations
- Strong attention to detail
The LWBJ employee experience
Our founders came from national firms but wanted to build more personal and collaborative relationships with clients and staff. And 27 years later, that culture continues to thrive.
While roles, responsibilities and expectations are similar to those in other sophisticated public accounting firms, we encourage everyone to work a schedule that fits their needs—with flexible scheduling options, a casual dress code and summertime hours (including half-day Fridays).
Travel is minimized. Work-life balance is highly valued. Entrepreneurial spirit is nurtured and appreciated.
We focus on helping our people advance and enjoy rewarding careers. Mentorship and continuing education are provided, as well as market-leading compensation and benefits.
You’ll be able to engage with clients directly and work on the kinds of projects typically handled by national firms—but within a smaller firm setting focused on team-building, employee growth and client success. We not only expect you to become more experienced and successful early in your career—we work to help you accomplish it.
By size, LWBJ ranks in the top one percent of CPA firms nationwide, and our team brings a wealth of national-firm expertise to the table. Our entrepreneurial experience enables us to understand and appreciate the issues facing middle-market businesses and the individuals and families who own them. We deliver a broad range of tax, accounting, consulting and investment banking capabilities to serve them.
How to apply
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also mail it to LWBJ Financial, Attn: HR, 4200 University Ave., Suite 410, West Des Moines, IA 50266.